Giselle Savoie, Google+ photo., Marks of good therapy., Maya Angelou, Never forgotten people, pinterest picture quote, Therapeutic Encounter
Good Therapy Is:
- Coming into the office with your heart full of sadness and tears, and leaving with hope in your heart and peace on your face.
- Coming into the office angry and less than you ever believed you could be, and leaving with acceptance and the feeling you are still a valuable human being.
- Feeling you are ugly and insignificant, and the therapist makes you feel beautiful and special before you go home.
- Being afraid to be vulnerable with the therapist, and finding out the world can be a safe place after all.
- Being clueless about what can help you feel better, and leaving with the skills and someone else’s belief that you have the power to take charge of your life.
- Being afraid to tell your secrets, and finding the help to develop the strength within to speak with the power of your own voice.
- Finding someone willing to tell you the truth, even if it ends up hurting both you and her.
- Realizing the therapist is being authentic and deciding that you’ll be authentic too.
- Feeling afraid the therapist will hurt you. and leaving with the imprint of her touch forever on your heart.
- Learning to like and believe in yourself, and leaving with the knowledge that you aren’t being selfish.
- Finding out its OK to have needs addressed, and leaving feeling confident in your ability to get them met.